My photo
Hello, and welcome to Everything Elizabeth!---- Everything Elizabeth came to be after the birth of my 5th child (and only girl) Kate. I fell in love with her from the moment I knew she was on her way, and with all things pink, sweet, girly and pretty! I am a stay at home mom of sons (9,7,4,and 2) and daughter (1). Creating things with my hands is something I truly enjoy and being able to help support my family by doing something I love is just a bonus! Come back often for new and exciting finds!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm in love.....

with my new Ruffler!



Ruffler, oh ruffler....where have you been all my life? Not sure how I lived without it for the past 35 years! It's been the talk around our house....the boys think it has something to do with potato chips (Ruffles :) HA!



The contraption looks very intimidating. It took me about 30 minutes just to figure out how to get it on my machine....but once I did...oh the things I can do....and the time I can save!! I messed around with it a little while to determine how to get the material to the length I want it after ruffling....I finally got the right formula to cut my measurement by 50% after ruffling...so if my fabric is 20", after I ruffle it, it measures 10"....so now I know that I can make it fit any garment I want to make...so so awesome! The cost at JoAnn's was $15....not bad considering the time I will save! Here is a picture of the crazy contraption....just in case you have no idea what I am talking about! :O)

This is not my actual ruffler...just one I found on the internet....but it looks the same...a little intimidating huh?



No comments: